Monday, October 27, 2008

Waiting for Friday





















It usually starts on Monday, sometimes Tuesday...Madeline starts asking how many days until the no work, no school days. I work Monday-Thursday right now and so we have all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday together. Although she loves school and her friends, she LOVES to be off. She is good at keeping track of the days off also, she'll say this is day two, we still have one more. As a dedicated weekend lover myself, I can certainly understand her!

Since we are taking a break from My Gym on Friday mornings we have been relaxing around the house and yard in our jammies until noon. Not doing anything much, which is the point. After being up and at it early all week, Friday is our day. We usually start with coffee (for me) and juice (for kids) on the deck. The juice is a big treat in and of itself, since I don't let them have it very often. It is a little selfish on my part, I found that if I let them have juice I have more time for coffee. After juice and coffee we usually move on to breakfast, it has to be soldiers. This is a strange name for a Creighton family tradition, soft boiled eggs and strips of toast for dipping. I thought Jack was too young so I had only been making it for Madeline. Of course, he let me know that he was ready by screaming and pointing, "My, my, my, my," he was ready and loves soldiers and could eat 3-4 eggs, if I let him.

The pictures are from our Friday last week. Despite the fact that it was about 75 degrees at 9 in the morning, Madeline likes to dress for our days, usually some sort of princess outfit or winter outfit (hat, gloves, etc.). There was a squirrel in the palm tree that Jack was obsessed with so I had to take his picture too. It was not the most peaceful breakfast since Jack spent the whole meal screaming at the squirrel and trying to get out of his high chair, but it was our Friday and it was fun. After breakfast Madeline put Jack in the ball tent and drug him around the yard, sounds kind of mean, but he loves it and was again screaming for "Mo, mo, mo, mo."












2 comments:

Sarah said...

I recognize those jammies!!!

Lots of fun reading! So glad you jumped on board the blog ship!

Sarah

Heidi said...

I love how Madeline dresses for the ocassion! What a fashionista! I guess you taught her well???