Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Halloween, Finally!













It is so long overdue that I almost considered not posting the Halloween pictures, but then changed my mind. The kids have had the most awful stomach flu off and on for the past 12 days so this has meant that Heath and I switch who takes the day off or split it. It has also meant about 500000000 loads of laundry (really). If we never have to go through anything like this again it will be A-OKAY with me! Jack has lost 2 lbs which may not seem like a lot, but his cheeks are not yummy and chubby anymore. He just feels small in my arms. He had to have an IV last Monday, he was pretty good about the whole thing, surprisingly.

Anyway, so on to Halloween!! It was very fun this year. Madeline was Little Bo Peep and Jack was one of her sheep. Poor boy looked like a bit of a girl, but Madeline was very insistent that Jack be her sheep and this was the best sheep costume I could find. I have to admit that it didn't look quite so girly online, but when it arrived it was pretty bad. At least he is young and will not remember. We gave the costume to a friend for her little girl next year! He hated the hat, so we only have one costume of him with the hat on (with him screaming). Madeline was a very cute Little Bo Peep and after we convinced her that Jack didn't need a leash (we had to draw a line) everything went fine.
We had some friends over for a little party and it was fun. Although, I discovered that Martha Stewart is very talented. Geez, how does she pull all of that off and look so calm (I know, lots of help). My witch cupcakes that I made from scratch, didn't exactly look like witches. My homemade mac and cheese, not very flavorful or cheesy. My homemade pizza, very late and so everyone went off trick or treating and came back to cold pizza. Lesson learned!! Next year we are getting take out and store bought cupcakes. It will all look much better, taste better, and I will not have to kill myself in the kitchen.

I posted some pictures of Maddie, Jack and David (their cousin) and then some other random trick or treating ones. And one of Madeline and her best friend from school, Tamara. Heidi--Heath with the pumpkins is for you, there was one between his calves that you can't see and the employee had already taken one down by the time I took the picture. She felt sorry for him because I had to grab Jack out of a nearby fountain before I could take the picture, so he had to hold the pumpkins for a little longer than he wanted to!










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting the picture of Heath with the pumpkins - now I know he's a real Muscle Man!! I love the fact that Madeline wanted to put Jack on a leash - what imagination! ;)