Monday, December 8, 2008

Goble Goble

This year we decided NOT to host Thanksgiving. For several years now we have had 10-16 people over to our TOO SMALL house and loved it, but I decided that with working full-time this year, I needed a break. My cousin, Dana, and her husband Mark were gracious enough to host and this freed us to spend the whole day relaxing. It was weird because Heath kept saying that it didn't feel like Thanksgiving without all the rushing and cooking, but I was fine with it.

I did the Torrance Turkey Trot with a friend in the morning, it was a nice little 5k, perfect way to make up for all the yummy food later in the day. Then we sat and relaxed over coffee at Starbucks, no reason to rush home! It had rained the day before, but Thanksgiving was a beautiful and clear day, so we headed off for some beach fun! Here is Madeline doing her version of a "snow angel."



Jack loves the beach and the birds, really he loves to chase the birds. It is pretty cute!

Madeline collecting seashells!


Hmmm, where are those birds?


When we got home from the beach we discovered how Jack had been getting into the fish food all week. He goes into Madeline's room, shuts the door (amazing that he knows this is something Mommy and Daddy probably wouldn't want to see!) and climbs the chair next to the dresser and slides himself up to the fish. He loves the fishies and really likes trying to catch them. Poor fish!
I didn't take any pictures from our actual Thanksgiving meal, but it was yummy. There were 5 kids there so Madeline and Jack had fun playing and we had fun relaxing! All in all a very nice and stree-free Thanksgiving.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to have Thanksgiving again! Patrick doesn't like turkey or potatoes, though he did say my mashed potatoes were good - at any rate, it's not worth it to cook a lavish Thanksgiving meal for two, especially if I would be the only one eating turkey! Cute pictures of the kids - I hope to see them when we are out!!!