Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sissy







I have a sister and I now love her very much, but when we were young, we fought, I mean we really fought. I wonder if opposite sex siblings don't fight as much? Madeline and Jack are still young, but I mean they love each other! Jack cannot come close to saying "Madeline," so he calls her sissy. The moment he wakes up in the morning he wants to know where she is. She usually wakes up around the same time he does (which is ALWAYS too early) but if she happens to grace us with a sleep in, he will wander the house aimlessly calling "Sissy, sissy, sissy?" He will usually start to become upset before barging into her room and crawling up into bed with her and giving her hugs. She may not want to wake up, but how can you not be happy to have hugs from you little brother?

Madeline usually likes to sit and relax and watch TV with her soy milk in the morning and although Jack is far to busy slowly destroying our house to be bothered with TV, he will watch TV if she is. Not really to watch the TV, just to sit beside her and cuddle her. If Madeline wakes up before Jack she will come into our room and ask if "the big guy" is awake (her name for him) and if she can go in and keep him company. She usually calls him "the big guy" or "buddy" and we laugh at her cute little names, although she is very serious about them. She is very patient with him. Lately, she feels that she is too old to have him invade her space when she is going to the bathroom, so she insists on doing her business alone. Jack insists on being with her at all times and usually walks in on her 2-3 times. Each time he pounds open the door she gently tells him, "Buddy, sissy is going to the bathroom and I need my privacy." She sounds very grown up and patient, hmmm, wonder where she got the patience from?
Jack's stomach flu returned with a real vengeance. He was up most of the night throwing up and had a very high fever. This morning when Heath was trying to put him down for his nap Madeline got everything that a sick little boy could need and put it all in his crib. His favorite monkey lovey, his favorite doggy book, and a nice big bowl for him to throw up in. She then gave him instructions on exactly how to use everything and then covered him with kisses! I am sure they will not always get along so wonderfully, but for now we are happy and thankful that they worship each other. Plus, I am sure this documention will come in handy when they are teenages and can't remember a time they liked each other!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, my sister and I fought like mad when we were young too. We were arch enemies. It's so great that Maddie and Jack get along so well! Especially since I do know other opposite sex sibs that don't like each other as much. :)

Unknown said...

Too too cute! I love how they look out for each other.